Depression or Manipulation ? 🤔
Use the motto, ‘Observe don’t absorb,’” Afterall , We aren’t responsible for anyone else’s feelings.”
🤭Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which a person or a group covertly sows seeds of doubt in a targeted individual or group, making them question their own memory, perception, or judgment, often evoking in them cognitive dissonance and other changes. Using denial, misdirection, contradiction, and MISINFORMATION, gaslighting involves attempts to destabilize the victim and DELEGITIMIZE the victim's beliefs.
🤔What are manipulative behaviors?
Manipulation is about control. When someone is said to be manipulative, they are usually being accused of altering situations so that they have the upper hand and do not take any responsibility for their actions. The manipulative individual works very hard to get what they want through the use of threats, emotional coercion, or inducing guilt even on a public ridicule .
🌿Examples of manipulative behaviors
* Playing the victim
* Always being the martyr
* Using guilt trips to make people feel bad for them
* Blaming others for all their problems
* Not assuming any responsibility for their actions
* Taking no action to get well despite asking for help
* Passive aggressiveness (i.e. the silent treatment)
* Exaggerating problems
* Acting helpless
* Sucking up to others or saying insincere things
* Always having to be the focus of attention despite others having needs
* Using anger and aggression
* Lying and manipulating facts
* Outsmarting (intellectual bullying)
* Using your own weaknesses against you
🌿Truth between Lies ! Know the Thin line Between Depression and Manipulation ! Observe do not Absorb , Real Love , Real Care comes with telling the Person the REALITY , a Mistake is a Mistake no matter how you justify it !
- Jianlin Reads an Article , Random Thoughts 💭